Mr. Saturn sprite Who is that blonde boy? PK Call'N to find out.

ShadowX

• fun
  • patrick
  • ayumi
  • dragon
  • donor5
  • nerd
  • resub
  • artistorm
  • poe
  • ruby
  • Weezer
  • DINO RAMPAGE!
  • mafia
  • Game Swag
  • SMCon 2011
  • !Merch Museum
Yesterday Lucas was announced as a Newcomer in Smash Bros. Brawl. In case you did not know, Lucas is the main hero from MOTHER 3 the Japan-only Gameboy Advance RPG. In essence, he is the equivalent to Ness from EarthBound.

Now you probably already know all this. But MANY people who pick up Brawl are going to ask, "who is Lucas?" Because MOTHER 3 has not seen a release here in North America, many Smash Bros. gamers are not going to know who Lucas is let alone what game series he is from. A similar situation happened when Ness was revealed to be a hidden character in the first Smash Bros. game, and yet again when he became a regular in Melee. Despite this, Ness has achieved much expose due to the Smash Bros. series, and now Lucas will as well.

Has Nintendo missed a chance in the past to ride the new found popularity coat-tails of Ness in the previous two Smash Bros. games? A release of Mother 1+2 seemed like the most logical move to take advantage of this growing interest. But no move was made, despite much fan demand from new and old alike. Now, the same is about to happen to Lucas. Another hero from the MOTHER series will get his moment in the spotlight, only to have the masses not know who he is. Don't let this happen again. Give Nintendo of America a call, and ask why MOTHER 3 is a Japan-only game when we are going to be playing as its main hero in the new Smash Bros. Brawl.

1. Dial the toll free number: 1-800-255-3700
2. Wait until the recording starts telling you the Menu options.
3. Hit Zero.
4. Wait to be connected to an NoA Representative.

Hours of Operation:
Monday~Saturday6AM~7PM PST

Andrew AXA" title="Andrew AXA

If we do this right away (say, tomorrow) do you think they'll assume it's us SM.Netters? Maybe I'll wait a few days before calling...

sprite G.Wicks

• donor2
    Well, I have a feeling that any time MOTHER related games are demanded by the masses Nintendo of America assumes it's because of us starmen.netters. So it's best not to think that way. Just do it anyway. NOA knows we are still reputable gamers/customers. Cult or no cult, people love the MOTHER series, and that's the important thing Smile
    Assumptions are the termites of relationships.
    ~Henry Winkler

sprite Nturtle

While I'm all for bringing Mother 3 states-side and for pestering NOA to bring it... isn't this a bit disingenuous?

I mean, how many people on this website don't know at least basically who Lucas is? Razz
      I get the idea, but wouldn't it be better to ask something like, "Why isn't NOA bringing Mother 3 overseas, given that Brawl is going to feature at least one Mother 3 character?"

ShadowX

• fun
      • patrick
      • ayumi
      • dragon
      • donor5
      • nerd
      • resub
      • artistorm
      • poe
      • ruby
      • Weezer
      • DINO RAMPAGE!
      • mafia
      • Game Swag
      • SMCon 2011
      • !Merch Museum
      Thats kinda the point of calling, and this post.

ShadowX wrote on Tue, 02 October 2007 02:18
      Give Nintendo of America a call, and ask why MOTHER 3 is a Japan-only game when we are going to be playing as its main hero in the new Smash Bros. Brawl.

sprite PoeTrader

• dragon
      • fs
      • fun
      • sexybeam
      Totally called. My rep sounded bored. I could tell he was reading from a sheet. XD Welp, my request for Mother 3 has been sent to administration.

sprite Deezlink

• rcquality
      PoeTrader wrote on Tue, 02 October 2007 14:31
      Totally called. My rep sounded bored. I could tell he was reading from a sheet. XD Welp, my request for Mother 3 has been sent to administration.

Aren't they all? Wink Razz

sprite PoeTrader

• dragon
      • fs
      • fun
      • sexybeam
      No, the one I got the first time I called was pretty fun.

sprite Tavster

• fangamerHCP
      • Game Swag
      Yes! This is the news I was just waiting to hear!
      I'm now set on buying a Wii and Brawl, I was waiting for a reason to buy a Wii.
      I love the character animation too! Very Happy

sprite Shadoshi

This is what I may possibly do, and I know lying is wrong, but I am only going to do this for Mother's sake.

I'm going to say something along the lines, "Hi, my internet has been down for a while and a friend of mine who has been telling me about the recent updates for the soon to be released Super Smash Bros. Brawl mentioned that a character from a game called Mother 3 has been revealed to apparantly replace Ness or whatever the case is. I've only heard of Earthbound which according to the Super Smash Bros. games is what Ness is from, but I'm confused as to what Mother 3 is and why a character from that game is in Ness' place. Could you explain this to me?"

They'll now tell me their generic Mother 3 info and eventually they'll tell me it's Japanese only.

Now I'll say, "Well according to some people I've talked to, this series is supposed to be one of the most creative RPGs ever invented apparantly, but what is the point of having a Mother 3 character in the new Brawl game if no one will ever be able to play the game he is from? Especially if it really is that good?"

I'll let it free hand from there. I'm a frickin genius.

sprite 7ucky

It wouldn't really make sense to say that you're confused as to what Mother 3 is one minute and say that you heard it's one of the most creative RPGs ever the next. If you're going to go through with your plan, start off the same way and basically ask why they aren't shipping the game (Mother 3) stateside when a mainstream game like SSBB is going to feature it's main character.

DoseiSan

Let's get freaking DANGEROUS.

• plo
          • fanvatar3
          • fangamerHCP
          • EarthBound Central
          • Game Swag
          I only have one concern with this... What if they take it to mean everyone wants Ness INSTEAD of Lucas?

Then they might replace him with Ness or just cut him out... GASP
          But I'm probably just paranoid.
          In another time, In another world…
          Another knight enters the Tower of Druaga

sprite PoeTrader

• dragon
          • fs
          • fun
          • sexybeam
          No, because NOA doesn't have a say in who ends up in SSBB and who doesn't.

DoseiSan

Let's get freaking DANGEROUS.

• plo
          • fanvatar3
          • fangamerHCP
          • EarthBound Central
          • Game Swag
          I guess you're right, it's just that I heard they were planning to cut out Marth and Roy in the American version at first...
          In another time, In another world…
          Another knight enters the Tower of Druaga

sprite PoeTrader

• dragon
          • fs
          • fun
          • sexybeam
          I dunno. Since we have confirmation on the English SSBB site, I have a feeling that Lucas'll remain in the game for American audiences.