Mr. Saturn sprite MOTHER 3 in SSBB - What Starmen.net has been told [SPOILERS]

sprite reidman

Alright, I already talked about this in one of the other topics here, but I’m going to give it it’s own topic and also reveal the MOTHER 3 spoiler that Tomato has been talking about.

We (Starmen.Net) have been given two interesting pieces of information about Brawl. Our source is extremely reliable, and while they’re not 100% positive about their ‘intel’ (heh), I think this is pretty much a done deal.

First, we’ve heard that Lucas is confirmed as a main character in SSBB.

Unfortunately we don’t have any information about Ness. Personally, I’m guessing that Lucas will be the only MOTHER-related main character. It’s probably also safe to assume that his moves/style will be very similar to Ness.

The second piece of information we’ve received is much more specific and less expected. It’s a MOTHER 3 spoiler, so if you’ve been working hard to avoid MOTHER 3 spoilers, this is kind of a big one. If you haven’t played MOTHER 3 but have been looking around at videos and websites about MOTHER 3, you’re probably aware of this character’s existence by now, even though the character doesn’t show up until the end of the game. Anyway:

We’ve heard that Pokey is going to appear in the game. He will make himself the mayor of a city, and at some point will change his name to “Porky”.

If you’ve played MOTHER 3, this will make some sense, but you’ll probably be somewhat confused as to how it will tie into a fighting game like Smash Bros. I’ve got two theories about this:

Tomato reminded me about the Subspace Emissary, and it suddenly made sense — Pokey will probably be somehow involved in the plot of the SE minigame. One of the best-case scenarios is that New Pork City is a level in the game, and perhaps Pokey will be the miniboss or something. I still don’t understand why they would include the name change from Pokey → Porky, but it will probably be covered in a FMV intro/outro to the stage. As for the name change itself, that’s related to the translation of Pokey’s Japanese name…an explanation better left to Tomato, or maybe crazy dudes like Anthadd or Giovanni.

Another possibility is that Pokey will show up in the background of the stage kinda like he does in the Fourside level of SSBM, when he pilots the helicopter. If this is the case, then there could be a New Pork City level — that would be pretty awesome. But the SE theory makes more sense, especially since I have no clue how they would implement something as trivial as a name change during a fighting level.

As a main charcter, Lucas will probably be revealed on smashbros.com sooner or later (I expect it will be sooner), but I have a feeling that they won’t be updating with the MOTHER 3 spoiler thing unless my second theory is correct.

Anyway, that’s all we know for now. Our source actually did give us some very specific details about the Franklin badge update ahead of time, but there were lots of reasons we didn’t want to say anything about it. The information they gave us, however, turned out to be dead-on, and the circumstances surrounding the Lucas/M3spoiler info aren’t so restrictive, which is why I’m telling you guys about it. Here’s to hoping it’s all accurate

[Edited on Feb 12 to fix broken spoiler tags]

sprite Galvatron

YES! You are the best Smash Bros. game EVER!

Also, thanks for acquiring and sharing the information with all of us.

sprite Regulus

I stole your Horcrux.

So it's okay to tell others that you guys knew about the Franklin Badge update ahead of time? Just from lurking on gamefaqs, it seems not many people believe that you actually have inside intel. Then again, I doubt just saying that you were tipped about the Aug 10th update would change any of the skeptics' minds anyway.

sprite Haunted by Gutsy

I can honestly say that this information makes me at least mildly excited.

sprite reidman

Regulus wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 03:13
            So it's okay to tell others that you guys knew about the Franklin Badge update ahead of time? Just from lurking on gamefaqs, it seems not many people believe that you actually have inside intel. Then again, I doubt just saying that you were tipped about the Aug 10th update would change any of the skeptics' minds anyway.

I don't really care what people on the forums at GameFAQs (or anywhere else) think about us, or else I would be over there arguing with them and trying to make them believe me. I posted this here because I want you guys to know what's up, and because I don't have any reservations (or obligations) about keeping this information secret.

Concerning the FB update, there's a reason I didn't tell you what information we were given. Anyone with access to the staff forum can tell you that we did, indeed, have some information which turned out to be 100% accurate. That's a part of the reason I'm confident enough to post this news.

As for the 'astroturfing', I'd rather not make a big deal out of this. Obviously I can't/won't stop you guys from talking about it elsewhere, but whenever people outside the site hear that we've got information, it always turns into a ridiculous competition/challenge, and it always becomes hostile for some stupid reason. I don't know what's so offensive about a fan site having connections in the gaming industry, but apparently it really makes people mad.

Good…Bad…I’m the guy with the dice

• donor2
            • fangamerHCP
            • fanvatar1
            • smash collab
            • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Participation
            • Veteran's Day Casual Pokemon Participation
            • Radio PSI - Newbie
            • Cackle
            • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
            • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
            • White Mafia
            • ghost frog
            • Temmie
            • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
            • !!MOTHER3 Siege
            • !!!Halloween Funfest '16 Staff Helper
            • !Franklin Badge Gold
            Not doubting the accuracy of yr source there, but I REALLY don't think Ness is out as a Main fighter. They havn't taken out Veterans before and there are supposed to be 40+ playable, so removing anyone thats a Veteran ( except a few pokemon ones ) just isnt logical. Plus Ness is a fan fav and a tournament fav. NOA already has us hounding them, i think they recognize what would happen if they took Ness out and made Mother less of a presence in Brawl.

sprite ROFISH

reidman wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 05:35
              As for the 'astroturfing', I'd rather not make a big deal out of this. Obviously I can't/won't stop you guys from talking about it elsewhere, but whenever people outside the site hear that we've got information, it always turns into a ridiculous competition/challenge, and it always becomes hostile for some stupid reason. I don't know what's so offensive about a fan site having connections in the gaming industry, but apparently it really makes people mad.

But, I hate stupid, unbased rumors when our information is more, shall we say, quality? Not to mention the whole information deserves to be free and I'm tired of other people asking me when's Mother 3 coming out in America. Razz

Link to my one telling to other people. These guys, hopefully, won't get all mad about inside information unlike other characters that we know.

EDIT: That first sentence looks like it came straight from Buzz Buzz. Poor commas. Sad
              [img]test.jpg[/img] !test.jpg!

sprite reidman

NKing729 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 03:41
                Not doubting the accuracy of yr source there, but I REALLY don't think Ness is out as a Main fighter.

My source never said anything to that effect -- that was just my personal guess. I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

I admit that my source could be wrong too, although I doubt it. I'm just letting you guys know what we've heard. I'm pretty confident, but it's not like I haven't been laid low before, heh.

And ROFISH, you might want to edit that post -- our source never said anything about Ness not being in the game (that was just my guess), and I dunno where you got '99%' from ;)

sprite ROFISH

reidman wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 05:53
                  I dunno where you got '99%' from Wink

More for show. Wink I'm not committed 100%, but 99% or even 99.999999% I can agree with.

~~ A ghost-type pokemon ~~

• aoe50
                  • donor5
                  • starmansuper
                  • Artemis
                  • artspot
                  • Elite4WINNER
                  • dragon
                  • Buck Fever and Dr. Hobo's Guessing Game ft Kid Icarus
                  • GURL POWAH
                  • Video Game Riddles Gold
                  • Badge Maker!
                  • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
                  From what I assume, Lucas will be the default/yellow team member, Ness the red, maybe Claus the green, and weird-o color as normal for whatever else, though I must say that

potential M3 spoiler?

Either way, I think Ness'll still be in there somewhere, most likely a 'skin' for Lucas.

• donor2
                  • fangamerHCP
                  • fanvatar1
                  • smash collab
                  • Radio PSI - Newbie
                  • Cackle
                  • White Mafia
                  • ghost frog
                  • Temmie
                  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
                  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
                  • !Franklin Badge Gold
                  Do you guys remember back in Melee how they explained why Ness was useing Paula moves (because Paula taught him!). I think they relized that when us Mother fans played SB64 and were thinking "wtf man", they acknowledged us with this in Melee; also putting the franklin badge in Brawl with Mother on it, thats a real big sign that ANYTHING and ANYONE from ALL THREE of the Mother series could (and I think Will) be in Brawl in some form. It would be great to confirm main playable characters from ANY of the Mother series.

On a side note, I think we have a bigger pull on NOA with EB Siege and such then we all think.

sprite blah1017

This topic makes it seem like wont be playable.

I'm sad now Sad

sprite ROFISH

blah1017 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 06:10
                      This topic makes it seem like wont be playable.

I'm sad now Sad

Actually, if they are 'boss character', they could be hacked like how you can play as Master Hand.

sprite blah1017

Wow I can't believe I didn't mark that spoiler. How completely idiotic of me >_<

God I sure hope no one saw that, sorry everyone.

Anyway, I was gonna say something regarding that guy's name

MOTHER 3 Spoiler

sprite reidman

Yeah, that's what kinda confused me too. It seems like a very strange (and very 'meta', for lack of less pretentious term) detail to include in the game.

sprite Count Orlok

I was hoping Ness would return...Lucas will probably be a lot like him...anybody else think
                            M3 spoiler
                            ǝɟıl ɟo pɐıɹʇ ǝɥʇ oʇ ʇɥƃıu ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ ʎɐʍ ɹnoʎ ǝɔıls puɐ ʇnɔ

PsychicKid

PsychoBoy

• dragon
                            • donor3
                            • tuben
                            • fun
                            • Aces
                            • Brawl Tourney 2
                            • Elite4WINNER
                            Hey reid, you picked a killer date to reveal this information on. I just turned 18 today (God has it really been 6 years since I joined SM.net?), and this little bit of news has really brightened my mood, especially after having to deal with the shortcomings of eBay, Verizon, and YesAsia all in rapid succession within the last 96 hours or so.

While I havn't played much of Mother 3 yet (still waiting for the translation), I think I know the spoiler that you're talking about, since I somehow read about it somewhere. This will be quite the interesting Smash game. But here's hoping that Ness makes it in, or perhaps as an alternative costume for Lucas.

Really though, I really enjoyed reading that. 2007 has been pretty hellish for me, having to go through a divorce and random close friends of mine vanishing from the Internet without explanation, this little bit of information has really helped make today a lot better for me.

Thanks, reid.

Also: *Porygon Seizure!*

sprite Tomato

Translator & PK h4x0r

• MatoSnake
                            • April Fool's 2012 1-sig
                            • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Judge!
                            • !Merch Museum
                            I'm copy-pasting this from the staff board since the reason for the "name change" isn't that confusing at all.

Big M3 spoiler of course!
                            Reveal Spoiler

BTW I hope Lucas' attacks won't include PK LOVE. That's... kinda lame.

sprite Wyborn

Cotton-Eyed Jeff

I can't be the only one who thinks the absolutely ideal scenario here would be both Ness and Lucas being in the game. If they have to get rid of one of the original twelve, make it Jigglypuff. Please.

And you have no idea how hard it is to not read those spoilers. Need to start playing my copy of Mother 3...

garfep

• fs
                              • sexybeam
                              • fun
                              • aoe
                              • donor3
                              • petition2
                              • tofu
                              • nerd
                              • resub
                              • artistorm
                              • poe
                              • walkthrough
                              • starman
                              • fangamerHCP
                              • ghostofstarman
                              • Natalie
                              Wtf, as hugely excited as I'd be to see Lucas, I'd be just as disappointed to see Ness taken out. :(

YOU CALLIN ME CRAZY!? oh wai..

• donor4
                              • plo
                              • blanko
                              • fangamerHCP
                              • EarthBound Central
                              • Reid is a Jinjo
                              uhh, PKground anyone?

Giegue

Creature of many names

• donor4
                              • poe
                              • fanvatar3
                              • starmansuper
                              • EarthBound Central
                              • fangamerHCP
                              • dragon
                              • artspot
                              You mean Kumatora's attack? Then again, Ness had PK Fire and Lightning, so it's definitely possible. And as many have already said, this info is great to hear, and thanks for letting us know.
                              Although... (M3 Spoilers)
                              AKA Space Captain Giegue Von Drakne Esq.

CherrieGal

If you wanna find me I'll be out in the sandbox.

• fun
                              • dragon
                              • donor5
                              • artistorm
                              • poe
                              • Fanart of the Week
                              • halloweenff06gold
                              • ch1
                              • starman
                              • artspot
                              • tuben
                              • ghostofstarman
                              • hfdecay09
                              This is awesome news. I'm trying hard not to read those spoilers, though. D:

I think I'd be a lot more disappointed if Lucas were the ONLY playable MOTHER character than if Lucas just replaced Ness. Because, dude, it's the third game, give us more MOTHER characters already*!

*preferably flint :3

sprite lewahi

• donor2
                              • eb0hack
                              • fangamerHCP
                              Reveal Spoiler

Great news! Smile
                              I was once Prince Poo on a radio show you might have tuned in to.
                              I now make video games for 3 Halves Games. Let’s be friends!

sprite blah1017

Yeah I think every series should have at least 2 representatives at this point. Especially Mother, I mean it's been in the game since SSB.

I was expecting Samurai Goro to go along with this by being the second playable F-Zero character, but Assist Trophies crapped on my dreams >_<

Anthadd

Luna is not my goddess.

• hardtrivia4
                                • boxes
                                • nerd
                                • artistorm
                                • walkthrough
                                NKing729 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 03:41
                                Not doubting the accuracy of yr source there, but I REALLY don't think Ness is out as a Main fighter. They havn't taken out Veterans before

Sample sizes of 1 for the win!

Seriously, though, Ness dodged a really, really, really big bullet when MOTHER 3 (N64) got caught in development hell. If MOTHER 3 had been delayed only half as badly as it was delayed, Ness would not have been in Melee (replaced by someone referred to as "a/the hero of MOTHER 3" and fanonically accepted to be Lucas), and I'm beginning to wonder if he might not have been in the original as well.
                                After all, there wasn't all that much time between the Japanese releases of SSB and Melee, MOTHER 3's cancellation came pretty much right in the middle of that, and I don't know offhand exactly when HAL started developing Melee.

sprite LeChimp

• dragon
                                • artistorm
                                Woohoo! My guess was right! And I love it!

sprite Count Orlok

Wyborn wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 11:25
                                  If they have to get rid of one of the original twelve, make it Jigglypuff. Please.

That offends me...Jigglypuff is perhaps the strongest character in the game, if not the only uber character...plus I don't see why they'd get rid of characters who have been in since SSB...

Starstorm Trooper

The Last Czarfighter

• hardtrivia1
                                  • dragon
                                  • donor4
                                  • fanvatar1
                                  • fangamerHCP
                                  • EarthBound Central
                                  Not reading all these spoiler tags is agony. :[

DoseiSan

Let's get freaking DANGEROUS.

• plo
                                  • fanvatar3
                                  • fangamerHCP
                                  • EarthBound Central
                                  • Game Swag
                                  *cries*

No... MOTHER SPOILER:
                                  Reveal Spoiler
                                  ?

My dreams have been shattered Sad

My life is meaningless ;_;

*weeps*
                                  In another time, In another world…
                                  Another knight enters the Tower of Druaga

I'm Inco

I consider myself more of a puckish rogue, really.

• hardtrivia1
                                  • donor5
                                  • ch1
                                  • mafia
                                  • dabr
                                  • fun
                                  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
                                  • The Derek Rose Incident 2016
                                  • Sky Family Reunion 2014
                                  • Doctor Hobo's Love Hotel
                                  • PAX East 2016
                                  • !Franklin Badge White
                                  • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
                                  • Game Guessing Game 3
                                  The bigger agony is the fact we can't even play Brawl until a translation is finished and we beat Mother 3.

Edit: "We" being the people who haven't played the game yet, but want to.
                                  There’s no point if it stops being fun.

sprite Wyborn

Cotton-Eyed Jeff

Count Orlok wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 11:58
                                    If they have to get rid of one of the original twelve, make it Jigglypuff. Please.

That offends me...Jigglypuff is perhaps the strongest character in the game, if not the only uber character...plus I don't see why they'd get rid of characters who have been in since SSB...

Know what offends me? The idea of Ness being kicked out of Brawl while we have even more Pokemon! I love Pokemon, but I love EarthBound more - if I had to choose, I would launch Jigglypuff out of a catapult.

Into a volcano.

Ord 4 ever X 14

ordained 4 eva 14 times!

• donor4
                                    • mafia
                                    • Elite4WINNER
                                    Ness could still have a chance if they make Lucas' moves unique enough. But I agree with what some people have said, it always seems like the Mother series takes the back seat to just about everything else.
                                    3DS friend code: 3067 5546 6145

sprite Count Orlok

Wyborn wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 15:27
                                      Count Orlok wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 11:58

Know what offends me? The idea of Ness being kicked out of Brawl while we have even more Pokemon! I love Pokemon, but I love EarthBound more - if I had to choose, I would launch Jigglypuff out of a catapult.

Into a volcano.

oh well I'd way rather see all the chosen 4 in Brawl than another pokemon like Pichu, but I feel Jiggs should stay...I don't really understand why people don't like Jigglypuff...I mean, just because the CP sucks at being it...Jiggs as an instant kill move and almost infinite recovery...and people complain it's weak, but who cares? if it's easy to kill, why complain?

sprite Elwood

Wyborn wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 15:27
                                        Know what offends me? The idea of Ness being kicked out of Brawl while we have even more Pokemon!

In Pokemon's defense, it is one of Nintendo's best-selling franchises ever, as well as one of the most recognizable among non-gamers.

sprite Haunted by Gutsy

Yeah, well, that makes Brawl go against the SSB standards. The series has been advertised as you taking your favorite characters and having them fight it out to see who the definite winner is. Not as "Pokemon Brawl, with a few others mixed in."

sprite Yomon

Smelly Armored Frog

• donor2
                                          • fanvatar1
                                          • tuben
                                          Wow. If all this information is true, I'm extremely happy!

I really want Lucas as a playable character. The thing that spoils Mother 3 isn't as interesting to me as Lucas being playable, but it's still neat.

reid: By "main character" do you mean "playable character"? Or do you mean "character that's unlocked at the beginning of the game"?

Jigglypuff is my secondary character in Melee... she pwns! Rambpuff FTW!

Anthadd

Luna is not my goddess.

• hardtrivia4
                                          • boxes
                                          • nerd
                                          • artistorm
                                          • walkthrough
                                          We have no idea what's meant by "main character". Almost certainly he'll be playable. It's my personal theory that a "main" character is available from the beginning.

sprite Spam Man Deluxe

• fotw
                                          Oh I hope Ness is in there SOMEHOW, I love him to much to see him out.

sprite Saturnome

I can't believe that I still don't know a single spoiler after being here so often. Great job guys!

sprite Katon

Space Waifu

• artspot
                                            • plo
                                            • donor2
                                            • rc5
                                            • rcquality
                                            • poe
                                            • ch2
                                            • Who Arted 7 Wins
                                            Yep. Theories and Spoilers, Spoilers and theories.

sprite Cyberquad

Tomato wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 10:43
                                              I'm copy-pasting this from the staff board since the reason for the "name change" isn't that confusing at all.

Big M3 spoiler of course!
                                              Reveal Spoiler

BTW I hope Lucas' attacks won't include PK LOVE. That's... kinda lame.

Well, in Melee, wasn't the building in Fourside labeled "MONOTOLY" in Japan and "MONOTOLI" in English?

Reveal Spoiler

hi

I think EB series should change.
                                                EB series has graduated from Ness, and might come at the opportunity moves to Lucas.

EB series had been judged only from the image of "Ness" too much up to now.
                                                It is old-fashioned. Hereafter, EB series should change.
                                                Do not make Ness the sanctuary and a godhead.
                                                It is necessary to do "Structural reforms without sanctuaries".

This time, Ness is deleted and change Lucas...This is a reform should be welcomed.
                                                (Though it is still uncertain whether Ness appears...)
                                                Nintendo did a wise selection. I strongly support this.
                                                If this reform succeeds, the environment to which Mother 3 can be released will be in order.
                                                The main participation of Lucas becomes the stepping-stone of the Mother 3 sale.

To tell the truth, there is still a strong Ness faction also in Japan.
                                                They kept calling out the main participation of Ness to Nintendo.
                                                I did not think the activity was good though I understood the feelings.
                                                In addition, I think Nintendo thought they did not have to answer it.
                                                To promote Ness, they made the opinion despised Lucas.
                                                I felt anger for these. They despised Lucas of same EB for the Ness protection.
                                                I was going to have criticized Nintendo in a public way...
                                                if Nintendo surrendered to this, and it made it to "Ness is main,Lucas is sub" with SSBB.

sprite Canticleer Blues

It wouldn't hurt to have Ness as a hidden character or something.

• donor2
                                                  • fangamerHCP
                                                  • fanvatar1
                                                  • smash collab
                                                  • Radio PSI - Newbie
                                                  • Cackle
                                                  • White Mafia
                                                  • ghost frog
                                                  • Temmie
                                                  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
                                                  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
                                                  • !Franklin Badge Gold
                                                  NKing729 wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 05:08
                                                  Do you guys remember back in Melee how they explained why Ness was useing Paula moves (because Paula taught him!). I think they relized that when us Mother fans played SB64 and were thinking "wtf man", they acknowledged us with this in Melee; also putting the franklin badge in Brawl with Mother on it, thats a real big sign that ANYTHING and ANYONE from ALL THREE of the Mother series could (and I think Will) be in Brawl in some form. It would be great to confirm main playable characters from ANY of the Mother series.

On a side note, I think we have a bigger pull on NOA with EB Siege and such then we all think.

I REALLY don't think Ness is out as a Main fighter. They havn't taken out Veterans before and there are supposed to be 40+ playable, so removing anyone thats a Veteran ( except a few pokemon ones ) just isnt logical. Plus Ness is a fan fav and a tournament fav. NOA already has us hounding them, i think they recognize what would happen if they took Ness out and made Mother less of a presence in Brawl.

sprite Jean

• donor2
                                                  • Fanart of the Week
                                                  • Holiday Funfest 08 Winner
                                                  • hfdecay09
                                                  Cyberquad wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 16:47

Reveal Spoiler

Reveal Spoiler

Anyway--this is amaizng news! You wouldn't believe how pumped I am, even though it's unlikely that I'll have a Wii for a long time. I think I know someone with one at the very least..

And, honestly, if people really care about using Ness so much and he ends up not making it into SSBM... just play Melee. Nothing's going to stop you, and it's still a great game. Same goes for Marth and Roy and Pichu.. and any others that probably won't be making a reappearance unless their structure's changed to make them no longer copies.

While I'd prefer it if Ness stayed, I would rather have Lucas in his place, since we've had over 10 years of Mother 2, and I think Mother 3 deserves more coverage now. Especially if it stands a chance at getting the game localized after SSBB's release. Also, I prefer Lucas as a character, but that's not really related.

sprite Queue

Lying facedown in a city near you!

• ruby
                                                  • artistorm
                                                  • Fanart of the Week
                                                  Although a little rough around the edges, Apollo13 knows what he's talking about here guys. As much as I want Ness back in this game, the only way we're going to see Mother 3 make it in America is to draw some attention to it somehow. It's obvious Nintendo of America has completely forgotten/given-up on EarthBound, but that doesn't mean that Mother 3 can't make it. Times have changed in American gaming and game buyers are more open to Japanese mindsets in videogames (Katamari Damacy anyone?) and Lucas being a main could be the stepping stone to that much like Marth and Roy did for Fire Emblem (I don't care what anyone says, I never knew about that game until I saw those guys in Melee and I'm sure most other people did too).

If seeing Mother 3 make it in America and get a strong following means no more Ness, then I'll have my own personal pity party for a while, then I'll master Lucas and make everyone wonder where this awesome fighter came from... and I'll be more than happy to tell them.

Smart words Apollo-san.

sprite Elwood

Jean wrote on Wed, 15 August 2007 22:01
                                                    Reveal Spoiler

Reveal Spoiler

As far as my preference for characters goes, I'd really love to have one character from each of the Mother games - but I know that won't happen. My next best hope would be a character from EB and a character from M3 - if Lucas ends up replacing Ness, then we could have Jeff or Poo, which would rock out loud. I also wouldn't mind two M3 characters - pretty much any of them would be rockin' - I just really hope we end up with more than once character.

sprite Jean

• donor2
                                                    • Fanart of the Week
                                                    • Holiday Funfest 08 Winner
                                                    • hfdecay09
                                                    Jeff would be interesting.. because of his inventions. I think he'd be the easiest of Mother 2's main party to individualize.. as for Mother 3, I'd hope for Duster. I mean, obviously I want more Mother characters too, I don't really mind which ones. It's hard to say who has the highest chance of making it in.. I mean, it still makes me angry that Toad is merely used as Peach's shield.. I wanted him in SSBM so bad, but Bowser made up for it not happening.

Reveal Spoiler

sprite Haunted by Gutsy

To be honest, Jeff would probably end up a mixture of Melee Fox and Samus.