Mr. Saturn sprite [PK CALL'N] - Grabdatfon!

Jonk

where is broom! BROOM ARE GONE MUST KILL DIRT &PUNCHES FLOOR*

• DINO RAMPAGE!
http://starmen.net/ebsiege/banners/ebs_forum_calln.png

http://starmen.net/ebsiege/banners/ebs_forum_mailn.png

http://starmen.net/ebsiege/banners/ebs_forum_envart.png

http://starmen.net/ebsiege/banners/ebs_forum_donate.png

http://jonk.fobby.net/smn/ebs/banners/ebs_banner_pkcalln_m.png

PK Call'N - This will be like the old days, of yester year where we made an actual voice to voice connection. PK Call'N is back connecting with Nintendo vocally and speaking our mind on what we want as fans. This will occur two times in the coming months. Overcoming the fear of punching a few numbers and making an opinion heard is something we have to overcome to make sure that our voice is heard and in numbers.

http://jonk.fobby.net/smn/ebs/banners/ebs_banner_sub_goal.png

PK-Call'N organizes the entire EarthBound/Mother series community to call Nintendo of America on one specific week. Our request to them will be to please port over Mother 3 to North America for Virtual Console or a potential Mother 1+2+3 DS Compilation, whatever, bring Mother/EB to the US again.

We need as many people to call in on the same week for the best impact. Previous examples of this effective manuever is when Zelda: Master Quest was brought to North America after 500 people called Nintendo. The previous PK-Call'Ns made a definite impact on Nintendo of America. NoA Representative's still talk about how many calls they gotten during these events.

http://jonk.fobby.net/smn/ebs/banners/ebs_banner_sub_eventinfo.png

We recommend that you call only once during each session.
The timeframe we will be calling Nintendo of America:

THE CALLS WONT STOP!

Only until NoA makes an announcement about Mother 3 or EarthBound in America!

1. Dial the toll free number: 1-800-255-3700
2. Wait until the recording starts telling you the Menu options.
3. Hit Zero.
4. Wait to be connected to NoA Representative.

Hours of Operation:
Monday~Saturday
6AM~9PM PST

IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOU MUST ASK YOUR PARENTS PERMISSION BEFORE CALLING!

Get ready to make the call and as a community! Very Happy

http://starmen.net/forum/images/custom_avatars/1691.gif

Holy Shmoley!

I don't mean to be a party pooper but you know that all the call center employees have no say in any of the games. In fact they are all contracted temporary workers and most of them are just average people working for 10 dollars an hour. NOA employees wouldn't even talk to them so like theres pretty much nothing they can do...

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
    Shmole,

When there are calls in numbers, after a while it does make a difference I am have heard that there is a difference first hand. Of course I know that they do not have say in games, do you take me for some kid at the local ebgames talking how many pokemans they have? I am fully aware of the situation and the construct that is there.

Call or don't call, but dont be a downer in this situation. Let's build with something positive.

sprite reidman

hey jon lemme sho u my pokeys man

I don't think Shmole was trying to be a butt (as he said before his post) or anything. It's just that this has always been one of the more controversial things we've done at the site. Every little bit helps, though, so if you've got any ideas Shmole, don't be afraid to bring them up.

IT'S HARD TO CONTROL MYSELF

• donor3
      • pkhack
      • ch1
      • fangamerHCP
      • ghostofstarman
      • Who Arted 7 Wins
      • AprilGroucho
      • Ponsesy Participation
      • fanvatar1
      • April Fool's 2012 15-sigs
      • The Sparkles
      • Radio PSI - 1 year
      Also, not mentioned in the post, and I'm sure it's important. Remember that you're not attacking them. I had a thought process of a bunch of 15 year olds calling Nintendo and blessing them out. Don't do that, as it won't make anyone look good at all.

I can't wait. This is going to be a blast Very Happy
      Articles | Theories | Chat

Come join us on #starmen on irc.thinstack.net! | hi bozo i got bored again – clare

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
      • patrick
      • ayumi
      • dragon
      • boxes
      • artistorm
      • fortytwo
      • poe
      • Fanart of the Week
      • fanvatar2
      • ch1
      • starmansuper
      • artspot
      • fangamerHCP
      • ghostofstarman
      • foppy
      • sub
      • DINO RAMPAGE!
      • SMCon 2011
      • HockeyMonkey Appeasement Decay
      • Radio PSI - 5 years
      • sexybeam
      I for one can say that the whole experience was a blast when this was done last time around: http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=3978&prevloaded=1&&start =0

The calling itself was cool, but the sharing of interesting, wonderful responses from some of the people called was very neat too. Though I THOUGHT I had posted about it, I guess not, but I remember my person was really cool: I'd asked them if they'd heard any news about a sequel to EarthBound, and they dug around a bit, telling me about the plans for Mother 3's Japanese release, and we shot the breeze a bit about EarthBound and how cool a game it was.

Overall, a very nice and positive experience. I'm super excited to see how things go this time around, both for myself, and hearing about how it went with others' calls. Very Happy

Ord 4 ever X 14

ordained 4 eva 14 times!

• donor4
      • mafia
      • Elite4WINNER
      So when we call what are some important points to get across while on the phone? Do they simply tell you "we appreciate your call yadda yadda* or does it go beyond that?
      3DS friend code: 3067 5546 6145

sprite jeffwinters

I really think we should march to nintendo headquarters (location/existence?) and protest there. with signs and tons of zeal.

you just can't ignore a large group of angry nerds outside your building yelling and holding signs.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
        jeffwinters wrote on Tue, 29 May 2007 00:20
        you just can't ignore a large group of angry nerds outside your building yelling and holding signs.

Yeah! Reid, so what do ya think!? eh? Wink

sprite reidman

I said no comment!
          *punches cameraman and tackles reporter*

JeffMaxwell

PLACE YOUR AD HERE

• donor2
          • halloweenff06bronze
          • starman
          I also agree.

sprite s.p.a.

Sounds interesting...

I'm In!

sprite Greyn

I would take the time off of work and ride a bus to do it! Oh yeah, great idea.

Carparama

Antonio McBoxbeat

• hardtrivia2
              • easy
              • resub
              • weezer
              • fangamerHCP
              • Shark
              • DINO RAMPAGE!
              • Carparama's Creepy Pizza
              • bff1
              • SMCon 2011
              Was I the only one who DID get a rude person last time?

Woah. That's *awesome*.

sprite gguru1

actually, I know for a fact through interacting with NOA employee mods on the Official Nintendo forums that some of the people on the phone lines are involved with web development, and some of the NOA employee mods even get involved in game localization

sprite MisterJupiter

If black and white monster movies have taught me anything, it's that an angry mob with torches and pitchforks is the most effective way to get a point across. LET'S DO IT!!!

sprite josh

• eb0hack
                  • starman
                  This thread is starting to remind me of Project Mr. Sparkle
                  TO THE EBus!

sprite mrtenda

I seem to recall some people at the call center getting pretty annoyed last time we tried this. I think as long as people here stay civilized and intelligent there's no harm. Besides, it's being spread out over two weeks, so unless every procrastinates that shouldn't really happen.

That said, who wants to help get the Call N' on sites like Digg, /. and some of the gaming blogs? I think it'd be cool if we could, but I'm very afraid of things getting out of control or uncivilized if we bring in the rest of the internet riff raff...

If people want to protest, I'd be game to go down to the NYC store with some people Smile I haven't made a pilgrimage there in a few years. Very cool place.
                    I’m probably not the mrtenda you’re looking for

sprite Nathan

If you call Nintendo just insist that whomever you speak with forwards your feedback. Try to keep it short or call in about something else and then bring it up. Don't abuse the call center folks.

Hey, do you do Judo?
                      I do Judo!

• fun
                      • patrick
                      • dragon
                      • donor5
                      • eb0hack
                      • tofu
                      • plo
                      • poe
                      • Fanart of the Week
                      • fanvatar3
                      • walkthrough
                      • halloweenff06gold
                      • rcquality
                      • starmansuper
                      • artspot
                      • fangamerHCW
                      • foppy
                      • DINO RAMPAGE!
                      • Wess Butt
                      • Invisiguy
                      • Radio PSI - 1 year
                      Nathan wrote on Sun, 03 June 2007 13:07
                      If you call Nintendo just insist that whomever you speak with forwards your feedback. Try to keep it short or call in about something else and then bring it up. Don't abuse the call center folks.

Good advice. I think the reason some people have a problem with PK Call'N is that there's no "glass" between you and the other person. There's so much less anonymity than on the Internet, so it can be kinda unnerving. At least that's how I feel about it.

sprite slicemasterflex

does not make julienne fries

• fun
                      • donor2
                      • rc5
                      • rcquality
                      • rcstaff
                      • plo
                      • Invisiguy
                      Being British should I be hassling NoA or NoE? Whats the international prefix for the U.S.?x
                      buttonbashinyerhackinandslashinactionbackintofashion

sprite Nathan

Oh also they are open from 6am til 7pm not 9pm

sprite Dungeon Master

slicemasterflex wrote on Sun, 03 June 2007 16:41
                          Being British should I be hassling NoA or NoE? Whats the international prefix for the U.S.?x

One (1). For example, 1-800-255-3700, the number for NoA. I'd say hassle NoA for this.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
                          I would call NoA on this so we can concentrate our call in one place to make sure that our voice is heard in a large context.

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
                          • patrick
                          • ayumi
                          • dragon
                          • boxes
                          • artistorm
                          • fortytwo
                          • poe
                          • Fanart of the Week
                          • fanvatar2
                          • ch1
                          • starmansuper
                          • artspot
                          • fangamerHCP
                          • ghostofstarman
                          • foppy
                          • sub
                          • DINO RAMPAGE!
                          • SMCon 2011
                          • Radio PSI - 5 years
                          • sexybeam
                          Since a few people already have been asking me about it, I was wondering if you're going to have a few things written up that we're to say over the phone once we call, Jonk.

I know that it was nice to have last time around, and that some of the potential callers would really like to have something of the sort, as indicated by Radio PSI listeners that spoke up when I mentioned the call-in.

EDIT: Also, not to make Jonk or anyone work too hard, but might it even be a good idea to have two or three prepared statement type things that people could choose from, so that the employees have a little bit of variety to hear?

JeffMaxwell

PLACE YOUR AD HERE

• donor2
                          • halloweenff06bronze
                          • starman
                          I used to write up the pitches for all our telemarketing campaigns at SHO Inc.

sprite reidman

u wrote campaigns fo sho

I think we might be better off without a 'script'... I'd really like for this to be genuine, so that people call and hopefully have a short conversation with the reps. Pretty much what you want to say, initially, is "Hey, I was calling to ask about a sequel to EarthBound; I know it came out in Japan and was wondering if it's ever going to be released here."

Just let the conversation flow from there. You could also start off by asking about EarthBound on the Virtual Console.

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
                            • patrick
                            • ayumi
                            • dragon
                            • boxes
                            • artistorm
                            • fortytwo
                            • poe
                            • Fanart of the Week
                            • fanvatar2
                            • ch1
                            • starmansuper
                            • artspot
                            • fangamerHCP
                            • ghostofstarman
                            • foppy
                            • sub
                            • DINO RAMPAGE!
                            • SMCon 2011
                            • Radio PSI - 5 years
                            • sexybeam
                            Yeah, something like a loose general direction of the conversation works well, too. I guess I was just concerned about participation levels if people were unsure about what they were even supposed to talk/ ask about (which made me worry that they'd not call at all). Like I said -- I've had a few people ask. At least three or four if I remember right. And given that's just a small sampling of the starmen.net populace as a whole, I thought their thoughts any be echoed by others in the community who might be nervous about calling.

The "Hey, I was calling to ask about a sequel to EarthBound; I know it came out in Japan and was wondering if it's ever going to be released here" and asking about EarthBound on the Virtual Console ARE good starting points though. Another that comes to mind is whether or not Ness, or even any of the Mother 3 characters might make an appearance in the new Super Smah Bros. game. having a list of such conversation springboards may help some of the less gregarious, less talkative of members have the confidence to make the call.

Picking up the phone and talking to a stranger can be a bit intimidating for some people, so I'm thinking that the less excuses they have NOT to do it, the more likely they are to make the call.

sprite Chasmang

Ninten's #1 Clone

• fs
                            • dragon
                            • donor5
                            • eb0hack
                            • artistorm
                            • walkthrough
                            • halloweenff06bronze
                            • starman
                            • fangamerHCP
                            I know we're not supposed to mention the site or the Call'N, but I'm sure after the first couple dozen calls they'll check the site out (I'm sure a decent amount of the NOA staff is aware of the site.)

What do we say if they ask us about the site or the Call'N? I'm thinking just be honest, but I doubt everyone here is on the same page as to why we're doing this in the first place and we could end up giving mixed responses.
                            BOLDSTATE : FFVII should embrace the ugly, weird game it has become by not taking itself as seriously as its bloated Compilation.

I’m freaking out a little!
                            [freaking out a lot]

• artspot
                            • EarthBound Central
                            • Holiday Funfest 08 Winner
                            • fangamerHCP
                            • Game Swag
                            • EBFF 2011 Submitter
                            • Ponsesy Participation
                            • April Fool's 2012 5-sigs
                            • April Fool's 2012 Art Submit
                            • Funkatastic Fest Funktastic Thank You
                            • Writing Bootcamp '12
                            • The Sparkles
                            • Starmen.net Art Boot Camp 2012 Single Participation
                            • donor5
                            • Reid is a Jinjo
                            • BUG
                            • Pink DK
                            • !Camp Fangamer 2016 Merchboy
                            • !Franklin Badge Gold
                            Ninten1 wrote on Wed, 06 June 2007 13:21
                            I know we're not supposed to mention the site or the Call'N, but I'm sure after the first couple dozen calls they'll check the site out (I'm sure a decent amount of the NOA staff is aware of the site.)

What do we say if they ask us about the site or the Call'N? I'm thinking just be honest, but I doubt everyone here is on the same page as to why we're doing this in the first place and we could end up giving mixed responses.

That's a good question! I have to say I'm in agreement with that. Why lie? It's not going to score us any points.

sprite reidman

Oh, yeah, definitely don't lie or anything. If they ask you a question, just answer them -- this isn't a mass deception campaign to make it look like there are sleeper cells of EarthBound fans or something, heh. We're just fans making our wishes known, through means they've provided to us.

sprite hyruleboy

EDIT:NVM,I relised I shoulden't say that.
                                This is the end of my time here, I bid any man or woman who is not against me farewell, that we may meet again in better times. Steam shall be where I may be met by these people.

sprite gguru1

is it me or did the criteria for this just change from "call during these specific periods" to "call weekly until our voices are heard"

not that I mind if course Razz

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
                                  yeah, we were able to do some research and found out this is THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY to get things done to make sure Mother 3 is heard! Very Happy

Believe and please trust me, this is TRUE and it can make a difference if you call in this fashion! Smile

sprite gguru1

wow, for some reason I have an unreasonably high confidence level about this PK Call'N Cool

ShadowX

• fun
                                    • patrick
                                    • ayumi
                                    • dragon
                                    • donor5
                                    • nerd
                                    • resub
                                    • artistorm
                                    • poe
                                    • ruby
                                    • Weezer
                                    • DINO RAMPAGE!
                                    • mafia
                                    • Game Swag
                                    • SMCon 2011
                                    • !Merch Museum
                                    This is the dedicated topic for the PK Call'N portion of the EB Siege. Feel free to talk about your calls with NoA here. Or you can ask questions and talk about PK Call'N in general.

In case you don't know what PK Call'N is, check out the offical section.

Info
                                    1. Dial the toll free number: 1-800-255-3700
                                    2. Wait until the recording starts telling you the Menu options.
                                    3. Hit Zero.
                                    4. Wait to be connected to NoA Representative.

Hours of Operation:
                                    Monday~Saturday
                                    6AM~7PM PST

(IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOU MUST ASK YOUR PARENTS PERMISSION BEFORE CALLING!)

sprite askthemaster

"All representatives are on calls at the current time, and wait times could be significant."

Now just out of curiousity, how many representatives does Nintendo have on the line at any given time? Because it seems unlikely that surge of calls would roll in at, what, 9:42 AM. I think this detail could really mean something to our cause.

sprite PANCHO

Is this going to cost me anything?

notalentjew

American Cavy Breeders Assoc. Member

• donor2
                                        • fanvatar2
                                        • starman
                                        • fangamerHCP
                                        • ch1
                                        • mafia
                                        It is a toll free number Smile.
                                        This post is over 7 years old.

sprite hyruleboy

My call's full:P
                                          This is the end of my time here, I bid any man or woman who is not against me farewell, that we may meet again in better times. Steam shall be where I may be met by these people.

sprite hyruleboy

Nope,I got one, I asked about Mother 3.
                                            she said "Well there's M1+2 and M3,but their both in Japan."
                                            she didn't SEEM to be flooded Razz(She was pretty nice and had to scearh it up.).

Penguinguy

Weirdo Beardo

• donor4
                                            To make up for the fact that nobody in my household cares about any of this except me, I'm going to throw my voice and call three times in one day.

YOU CALLIN ME CRAZY!? oh wai..

• donor4
                                            • plo
                                            • blanko
                                            • fangamerHCP
                                            • EarthBound Central
                                            • Reid is a Jinjo
                                            There just dun my call. I feel pretty.

My rep was pretty good bout everything.
                                            why is life so unfair. Thy hatred is unjust, you jest? “why” “GNAUT” can i vote for all YE

sprite Anthony.P

Should I do this? I mean, Earthbound is my favorite game ever, but I'm very phone shy. Embarassed

And I'd feel guilty if I didn't.

sprite gguru1

Dont be nervous if "getting in trouble" is a concern for you as it may be for some people.

Calling to ask about a Nintendo product is a perfectly legitimate reason to contact them.

sprite gguru1

yeah, I just did my first call, yeah baby! Razz

sprite Anthony.P

gguru1 wrote on Mon, 11 June 2007 18:56
                                                    Dont be nervous if "getting in trouble" is a concern for you as it may be for some people.

Calling to ask about a Nintendo product is a perfectly legitimate reason to contact them.

I'm not worried about getting into trouble, it's just..I dunno. I'm always very nervous about calling someone, even if it's a close friend.

sprite StarBeamAlpha

I just called and said "I was wondering if you had any information on a game called mother 3"
                                                      he said "we are aware of the campaign to call in and ask about that game, and will forward your feedback, thanks"
                                                      so it seems we already made a dent

sprite Grey

Just got off the phone with "Clark" from NOA.

They're well aware we are "bombing" them and the moment he said that I made it clear that I wasn't calling to promote such an activity, but to talk about the future of Earthbound in North America!

I asked about the possibility of EB on the VC as well as Mother3. He had no information of course, but I was curteous and made sure to say his name a lot and let him know I appreciated him taking my call. Also, I requested he forward my comments to someone who may be able to help.

Don't be phone shy, people! It's just another human being on the other end and if you maintain friendly discourse, then you'll be fine. Don't get defensive or feel guilty either, because they're almost certain to comment about our campaign. Just speak as if you genuinely care about the future of this greatest of all franchises and I know you do!

Get on the phone! Smile

sprite StarBeamAlpha